Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: And so it begins... work has begun on ecueditor v3.0


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:
And so it begins... work has begun on ecueditor v3.0


I thought it is probably a good time to start a major re-write of the ecueditor software. While the current code base has been stable for some time there is a whole lot that can be done to improve the structure of the software including how information about the various bike models is represented in the software. The plan is to reduce the number of User Interfaces down to 1 instead of having a different user interface (4 currently) for each bike model. We plan to enable/disable functionality in the various sections of the software based on the availablility of the feature and information for the currently loaded model.

This will allow a lot more code reuse across the whole applicaton, and also allow new models to be more readily added (e.g. GSR 750) further opening up the user base for the software.

The other major change we are planning is to move away from vb.net and make use of the C# language. Most .net developers use C# exclusively and 99% of articles, books and information out there on developing in .net is for C#. I also find it much faster to write, more expressive and consise when cutting code.

While it seems like a pretty daunting task, I have some help from one of the gen 1 guys Robert, and we welcome involvement from anyone else who is willing and able to assist.

I would like to do this in a fairly agile way, this is a style of developing software where you do short iterations of development concentrating on specific testable features. Once the specific feature are developed a release is done for testing, and then bugs are fixed and new features added in the next iteration. This is quite a departure from previous ways of developing software (called waterfall) where all the requirements were gathered and the the developers would go away for months before testing and release.

So basiscally when v3.0 is first released it will in no way be feature compatible with the current v2.5 but over time it should quickly catch up then exceed what is currently available. We will need a bunch of testing to be done as we move rapidly through this process. But in the end it will be worth it :)

This is the perfect time to come forward with ideas or information on how the software can be improved, everything from feature reqests to ways to make it easier to use are welcomed. The best place to store these requests is in https://bitbucket.org/ecueditor/ecueditor/overview

And finally, we do not plan to change anything about the open source nature of the software or its free availability. I think it is important that we continue what Petri started and keep it open and free for all and anyone to use.

Cheers

-Justin.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

Great news Justin! Glad to hear the move to C#, i will definetly follow this and try to learn something.

One thing i can think of is a easy way to add new models as you said, even manufacturers?
Or is the plan to keep EE to Suzuki only? Manual password/adress entering for reading .bin files. This way everyone can easily read out new models?

And if possible, add quickshifter, shiftlight, nitro functions etc. to ALL models covered by EE2.

Cross Platform? Or to much work?

Dont got a hang of the programming yet, but let me know if there is something else i can help with.



-- Edited by Twice on Monday 2nd of January 2012 12:44:47 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

yes the way i plan to design the new version is so that other models and manufactures could be incorporated, so this is a possibility. The most time consuming thing with enabling new models is still reverse engineering and locating the memory locations of the maps and limiters etc.

I have spoken to Ballerd2 (who is an old school linux C/C++ programmer) about the possibility of creating an m32r C environment to enable us to maintain one codebase for shifter, nitrous etc which could then be used across models.

Testing!!! when we are ready is something that you could definitely help with ;)

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Justin,
Do you think it would be best to make a separate branch of Bitbucket for this as as to not confuse bugs / features between 2.0 and 3.0?
I'm not sure who Robert is, but have you contacted JaSa as well? He was big on the Gen 1 development.

I have my off the wall gen2 conversion that should be back up and running in the spring, but also still have a Gen1 hat I tune nitrous bike that I tune as well and can do some testing on that as well.

John



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Monday 2nd of January 2012 03:02:05 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

I will be one of the testers for sure as i am following this project from day 1 and i really like the fact that EE is free for everyone. I have access to many racing or street bikes i have tuned over 80 bikes with editor and i really love doing it every time!

Happy new year to everyone!

__________________

LIFE IS SHORT RIDE HARD



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

My K8 1000 is ready for testing.. Happy New Year from Poland

-- Edited by BUZKA on Monday 2nd of January 2012 08:01:51 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 741
Date:

I still do a lot of tuning on the gen1, mainly my 01 turbo...

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1344
Date:

justin, in which version revrsion will the freeze begin, so that ee3 can start to be developed...?



__________________

09 busa.????? now what....still got what it takes.......!

I got what you need...!
www.poweredbyford.com

www.marc@poweredbyford.com

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1344
Date:

The reason i ask, i started a fork to try some off the wall changes i want to try personally on my own bike as a test bed....



__________________

09 busa.????? now what....still got what it takes.......!

I got what you need...!
www.poweredbyford.com

www.marc@poweredbyford.com

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

Justin is there a roll back version of editor 2 ? i am striking so many faults lately that i just want to go back to a version that works ??
see my post in the 1000 section
and today i find i have no wideband o2 , voltage is good to the ecu, several ecus tried , 0-1v works but as soon as i activate wideband 0-5 and flash it to memory i get a 0 in the a/f box


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

stocker wrote:

justin, in which version revrsion will the freeze begin, so that ee3 can start to be developed...?


 We are actually going to leave v2.5 as is so if required updates can still be done on that version, we have created a new repo for v3.0



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Maj750 wrote:

Justin is there a roll back version of editor 2 ? i am striking so many faults lately that i just want to go back to a version that works ??
see my post in the 1000 section
and today i find i have no wideband o2 , voltage is good to the ecu, several ecus tried , 0-1v works but as soon as i activate wideband 0-5 and flash it to memory i get a 0 in the a/f box


Hi Greg, yeah for sure i can give you virtually any version you need let me know a rough date or version and i will get it to you ASAP,

but having said that apart from the major changes to boost fuel a couple of months ago the issues you are having are in sections of the software that have not changed since they were first implemented, thats not to say that something has not gone wrong, software is like that :)



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

i will email you Justin
Things that worked for me previously now don't,
when Petri tested the busa/gix hybred .bin i am sure the immobiliser, iscv, and wrong fault codes would have stood out , my own testing had not shown these before as i was retrofitting the ecu and loom to other model bikes and not using many of these features, but when recommending the ecu editor for a workshop in Syd as a better than Powercommander option for a turbo 07 gix 1000 , caused nothing but probs for the workshop and owner and probably put them off its use in future

the wideband o2 readings not functioning are a new fault ,

spliced my dl32 in just at the ecu connector yesterday and have a nice clean signal and will be using that for mapping today
Only now getting time to get back to the race bikes after Sept

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

I have sent through the earlier version for you, please report back to let me know if there is any improvement with the issues, if that version i sent fixes any of the problems i should be able to track the problem down pretty fast ;)

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

Going to try it today
there was no boost fuel in the zip file but i pulled it from the trial extended boost fuel version
but it opens wit an extended boost fuel option , and i did not add that, can the program in my program files be opening the current version in my application files
and should i delete the current version to test the earlier ?

Actually just remembered i replaced my computer, and have a version from last Jan in the old laptop ,


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

if you just run the ecueditor.com.exe it should use the version in that location and all the supporting files, i may need to provide you with an earlier version, let me know?

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Making some good progress, i have really taken a step back and gone back to software design fundamentals. For example I have developed a MapBase class (and specializations e.g. TPSMap and IAPMap) which will allow us to expose the various maps or combinations of (Cylinder 1,2,3,4 ; MS0/MS1; Mode A/B/C) easily for advanced users or unify for regular users, same should be possible for ignition maps etc which will really open up the tuning possibilities.

Still in the very early stages, but worth spending time and thinking through the best way to represent and expose the fundamentals.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

jkwool wrote:

Making some good progress, i have really taken a step back and gone back to software design fundamentals. For example I have developed a MapBase class (and specializations e.g. TPSMap and IAPMap) which will allow us to expose the various maps or combinations of (Cylinder 1,2,3,4 ; MS0/MS1; Mode A/B/C) easily for advanced users or unify for regular users, same should be possible for ignition maps etc which will really open up the tuning possibilities.

Still in the very early stages, but worth spending time and thinking through the best way to represent and expose the fundamentals.


 Sounds like  good plan Justin, kind of a "Simple" and "Advanced" mode. If I may suggest something, the ability to do initial tuning in simple mode, and then move to advanced (with all of the maps unified) and start tweaking would be a benefit.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Tuesday 10th of January 2012 12:10:01 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 196
Date:

 I really like your addition/attention to the full details of the maps. As I mostly street ride, I have wanted to be able to tune my B, C maps on my 08 1K but, was not able to. I generally don't need the extra maps but, with slippery streets or riding with a passenger it is nice to have a more mild engine set-up to make the ride safer.

 I have also did 2 track day events in 2011 and I discovered that tuning the STP maps was a handy feature. I was able to make throttle application in 1st and 2nd gear more gentle which allowed me to ride more smoothly.

 I have one thing that I think needs added. My 08 1K uses the O2 sensor for fuel map trim. It seems to want to run the engine at 12.5 - 13.3 A/F during part throttle cruising. If I try to reduce fuel to reach 14.1 A/F the bike surges and generally runs poorly because the correction tries to make it maintain 12.5 - 13.3 A/F. With the map tuned lean it surges between correction and my map.  The only fix is to tune the engine close to the 13 range. I would like to lean the engine to get better fuel economy.

 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:
 Sounds like  good plan Justin, kind of a "Simple" and "Advanced" mode. If I may suggest something, the ability to do initial tuning in simple mode, and then move to advanced (with all of the maps unified) and start tweaking would be a benefit.

Yes sounds feasible John, i plan to do some more this weekend, on the fundamentals.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Any luck gettin this to work with 05-06 gsxr? I've been using romraider for awhile now and would really like the Ecu editor ability. Let me know what i need to help with to make this new EE work

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

The problem with the old ECU (before 2007) is that they do not allow

to easily read the bin file through the serial interface.

The only possibility is thorugh the internal AUD connector and a complex hw setup. This has been done for the gen1 busa, but I think at this date

is very unlikely that this effort would be justified for the request. I tried to support gsr600 for months, but nobody in the world was willing or able to provide the original bin file, while somebody destroyed its ecu as soon as they connected the serial interface.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

It sounds like you have the bin file for the 05-06 gixxer and if you are using rom raider you must know the map locations within the bin file? I am developing the next version of ecueditor to allow other bike models to be supported but there is a fair amount of work to be done. I will share some more details as this version develops.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

There are at least basic definition files floating around for early GSXR's. Probably could at least get support for RPM limiters and a few other very basic things into the new version without too much trouble. The map locations should be listed in teh Romraider definition file.

Those that are interested should probably start investigating where those map addresses are for the basics (RPM Limiters for starters) by putting the description adn location in a spreadsheet.

Also, it may be beneficial, eventually, to save a "stock" .bin file, and then modify ONLY one thing (such as ONE limiter) and save the file. Then a file compare can point to the modified areas only adn further refine the location.

I don't necessarily know how to do all of that, but that is the path that we have used a bit in the past to attempt to make a change to one particular part of the GEN 1 busa code.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Wednesday 18th of January 2012 04:24:46 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

I agree John, especially about the spreadsheet with the map locations. This work can be done now and will make it much easier to add the bin files when we get to that point ;)

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Making some good progress with ecueditor v3.0

 

Below is a screen shot of the fuel map edit screen, the default option is to unify the cylinder maps, there is a checkbox where you can choose to edit the fuel cylinder maps if you choose to. I have opened up the ability to edit both MS0 and MS1 and Mode A, B and C. I can do a release of the functionality to date if anyone is wanting to take a look and give me some feedback on how it works. Still very early days on the UI side as i have been doing a lot in the way it hangs together behind the scenes.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

I'm game for a pre-release. I would prefer an executable rather than an installer if possible so I don't have issues with reverting back.

Either public post of a download link or you can email a link to me, or just post on bitbucket.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

I only got a 750 K7 for now to do testing on, but it will be a while before starting to work with implementing new models i guess :)

GREAT WORK JUSTIN!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

at this stage i will do a test release more to get feedback on the map editing experience and user interface rather than a full fledged release with file handling and flashing etc. i just want to see if i can add 3d map viewing before releasing this for feedback ;)

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

jkwool wrote:

at this stage i will do a test release more to get feedback on the map editing experience and user interface rather than a full fledged release with file handling and flashing etc. i just want to see if i can add 3d map viewing before releasing this for feedback ;)


It's been 16 minutes. Aren't you done yet?

 

 



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Sunday 4th of March 2012 01:02:42 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

Yeah? Cmon :) hehe

Post it up or e-mail me a download link when it's ready. I will push and change everything possible in it :)

Edit: 3D Map viewing would be awesome!



-- Edited by Twice on Sunday 4th of March 2012 06:56:25 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

Great!! And and I can't even get the com ports to work on my mini laptop. Must be the Windows 7 op systems. I don't even know how to go in as an administrater to change anything.
Now, will Version 3.0 be able to go back to the '05/6 1K as well? Or perhaps even further to the '03/4 or even teh '01/2 1K? As I think there are some who still like those.
Tanx
Greg

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Twice wrote:

Yeah? Cmon :) hehe

Post it up or e-mail me a download link when it's ready. I will push and change everything possible in it :)

Edit: 3D Map viewing would be awesome!



-- Edited by Twice on Sunday 4th of March 2012 06:56:25 PM


 Twice,

     Open up a K7 gsxr .bin and go to the fuel map. Press "g" and you will see a simple 3d graphical rep of the map. This was done early on by PetriK. Only works in the 1k fuel table for now and was never implemented into the rest. Most people don't know it is there.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Sunday 4th of March 2012 09:06:24 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Date:

This is very great news and I am willing to help with any testing I can. I do not know anything about the coding but willing to help in any way I can.

One thing that may be considered it a little more fine tuning of the fuel added in the nitrous control. I have been tuning a 08 busa the last few days and it seem the bike tends to go way rich right past 10,000 rpm I am considering to just put 0% fuel added and then just tune on the MS1 map but I really like how I can add less fuel to the lower gears as the nitrous progresses.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:

 Twice,

     Open up a K7 gsxr .bin and go to the fuel map. Press "g" and you will see a simple 3d graphical rep of the map. This was done early on by PetriK. Only works in the 1k fuel table for now and was never implemented into the rest. Most people don't know it is there.


 Did not know that, my only testing bike for the past year has been a 750 K7 and that has not worked with EE so never really done much more than looked around to see what can be done :) But will try live data soon with Justins interface, figure that will work in someway. Plan to test on LTR 450 also since it handles SDS also...



-- Edited by Twice on Monday 5th of March 2012 01:49:02 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:
Twice wrote:

Yeah? Cmon :) hehe

Post it up or e-mail me a download link when it's ready. I will push and change everything possible in it :)

Edit: 3D Map viewing would be awesome!



-- Edited by Twice on Sunday 4th of March 2012 06:56:25 PM


 Twice,

     Open up a K7 gsxr .bin and go to the fuel map. Press "g" and you will see a simple 3d graphical rep of the map. This was done early on by PetriK. Only works in the 1k fuel table for now and was never implemented into the rest. Most people don't know it is there.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Sunday 4th of March 2012 09:06:24 PM


 haha cool thanks!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Ok i have found a really good 3d map component and have done a basic implementation with the trial version directly into the fuel map editing screen so you can easily flick back and forth between edit fuel map table and viewing 3d chart.

A couple of screen shots below

 

gen2fuelmapcurve.png

gen2fuelmapcurve2.png



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

and for those who want to download and give me some feedback you can do so here http://ecueditorco.web713.discountasp.net/download/ecueditor.com3.0.zip

this is an alpha version with very little available functionality in the UI, i have been concentrating on behind the scenes work mostly but i have started to work on the UI now. So with this version you cant open files, it defaults to the gen 2 busa bin file, you cant save or flash its really just editing fuel maps functionality :)

be good to get some constructive feedback.

Cheers
-Justin.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Looks promising Justin. I'll check it out.

That is the same graphing package I came across when I initially started looking ot see if there were easily implementable graphing options.
No need to buy the graphing software yourself, I am sure we can get that covered...

 

Would be very cool to be able to change the map and have map tracing in the 3d graph screen.... Save that one for the future as I am sure it is quite code intensive and I am just throwing things out. Core functionality is much higher on the list.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Monday 5th of March 2012 02:32:46 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

Like the drag and rotate feature :)

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

I am liking the 3D. Nice to see that the map can be edited in teh 3d view. Let me know if you like the interface from this vendor and I will get a "campaign" going to get the funds for it. No need to spend your own money on it. Also, if there is any other software or license that you think is useful, let me know.


One thing I noticed is that each cell can only be changed once per selection, then it needs to be re-selected in order to change it again. Example: if you want a cell to change a cell three units, it must be selected, then "+" pressed, then selected, then "+" pressed, then selected, then "+" pressed.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

Just checked it out, real nice with the 3D maps!

An input, i know it may be hard becouse way longer rpm range and probably scaling but been doing some Saab tuning.
They got something callen TxSuite's. There you have the 3D graph under the map editing tables. Gives atleast me a cleaner overlook of things.

Attached image on example screen. Bit like with Romraider map menu on left, you get most in one screen so to speak.
No need for chasing new windows outside main program and get lost when changing many maps.

Dont take this too serious, just my personal input :)



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Interesting software Twice. Looks to be mostly opensource. I didn't dig into it to see what code was being used. Might be worth looking into to ask the coding guys to borrow some of the code. I am really just making this up as I go...

http://trionic.mobixs.eu/


their history seems pretty grassroots, similar to the early work of Marlin and Petri.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159053:medallion:


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:

Looks promising Justin. I'll check it out.

That is the same graphing package I came across when I initially started looking ot see if there were easily implementable graphing options.
No need to buy the graphing software yourself, I am sure we can get that covered...

 

Would be very cool to be able to change the map and have map tracing in the 3d graph screen.... Save that one for the future as I am sure it is quite code intensive and I am just throwing things out. Core functionality is much higher on the list.



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Monday 5th of March 2012 02:32:46 PM


Hi John, yeah will have to purchase the 3d charting component, it pretty reasonable at around euro 99 ;)

It is actually very easy to set it up so that changes in the fuel map grid can be immediately shown in the 3d map.  it is set up like that now, except i just hide the graph whne the grid is visible and vis versa.

the problem we will we face is one of screen real estate. what is the best way to display the fuel map and graph at the same time on a laptop with limited screen real estate...



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:

I am liking the 3D. Nice to see that the map can be edited in teh 3d view. Let me know if you like the interface from this vendor and I will get a "campaign" going to get the funds for it. No need to spend your own money on it. Also, if there is any other software or license that you think is useful, let me know.


One thing I noticed is that each cell can only be changed once per selection, then it needs to be re-selected in order to change it again. Example: if you want a cell to change a cell three units, it must be selected, then "+" pressed, then selected, then "+" pressed, then selected, then "+" pressed.


 i am pretty happy with the look and feel of this 3d map component, for the money it is the best aroun, good pick up about the cell re-selection. It was working right, must have been something that changed when i hooked up the graph. I will fix it up ;)



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Twice wrote:

Just checked it out, real nice with the 3D maps!

An input, i know it may be hard becouse way longer rpm range and probably scaling but been doing some Saab tuning.
They got something callen TxSuite's. There you have the 3D graph under the map editing tables. Gives atleast me a cleaner overlook of things.

Attached image on example screen. Bit like with Romraider map menu on left, you get most in one screen so to speak.
No need for chasing new windows outside main program and get lost when changing many maps.

Dont take this too serious, just my personal input :)


 good feedback, thanks mate, I am thinking of offering a few different options to suit different users/screen configurations. maybe one like the current version, one where the graph appears below the grid and maybe an option to show the graph in a new window.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:

Interesting software Twice. Looks to be mostly opensource. I didn't dig into it to see what code was being used. Might be worth looking into to ask the coding guys to borrow some of the code. I am really just making this up as I go...

http://trionic.mobixs.eu/


 Yeah, they keep it also open source. Much alike EE but a bit more advaced bins and programs in the ecu's. Most work are done by in my eyes a few very clever people.

Its a guy named "Guido" Dilemma on forums that i think do most of the coding.

It theese guy that got me into all this, owing a old saab i could not resist :)

Here are their main forums:

forum.ecuproject.com

trionicsuites.com



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

jkwool wrote:
 good feedback, thanks mate, I am thinking of offering a few different options to suit different users/screen configurations. maybe one like the current version, one where the graph appears below the grid and maybe an option to show the graph in a new window.

Some setting checkboxes or just in the setting menu maybe?

So user can set up it a bit as his choosing, you are one step ahead as usual :)

Download T8Suite or T7Suite and take a peak around and im sure you get some good ideas, stock saab bins you can download in the forums above, else just shout and i will send you a couple.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

One thing I have "struggled" with in the past is the increments available for map modifications. +/- 1 unit or +/- 5%. the 1 unit increment makes for very fine tunability (especially now with more significant digits on the cells). The 5% is good for gross changes, but not so great for doing an overall map trim.

I don't believe the Page up and Page Down keys are in use, perhaps these can be programmed as a 1% increase / decrease.

Additionally, the ability to manually enter values on the selected cells (individual or as a large group selection) would be beneficial, especially with ignition, ram air, STP, and injector balance maps as it can take quite some time to change a full map.

These are items I had on a spreadsheet that I woudl add to as I noticed an area that may benefit from modification. Just throwing it out there for input, not necessarily saying all of them should be addressed.

Universal Copy / paste throughout
User input section for all current pull downs (ramair gearing, rev limits, 2 step, ROA, etc)
User Radio button consistency (item desc, then choices rather then just click and title change). Perhaps the selections are best made in a 2 column list where one or the other is selected. More thought needed on GUI for this.

Colored tables with user adjustable sensitivity on the colors
3d graphs for tables
2d graphs for each row and/or column (click on a row / column and have a 2d line graph show up that is able to be manipulated, many standalone packages have this, AEM for example)
Interpolation for rows / columns / 2 axis?
Gen2 user input fan controls (use second fan as temperature controlled or additional programmable I/O)
User adjustable table row / column increments
User configurable sensors: Air Temp, IAP, Coolant Temp, Baro, GPS
Air Temp / coolant temp enrichment tables

John





__________________
1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard