Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: WoolichRacing.com USB Interfaces now available


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:
RE: WoolichRacing.com USB Interfaces now available


Its a 3 position switch, with the center position disabling the circuits, but in some cases i have seen the ecu not like having anything plugged into the harness unless it is powered...

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Hmmm...interesting. definitely good to know.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

i would like to get to the bottom of it, as it would be cool to leave them installed.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

jkwool wrote:

i would like to get to the bottom of it, as it would be cool to leave them installed.






I would consider "safe behavior" if the interface has no effect whatsoever
on the engine functionality when in "engine data mode". The major problem
is that while riding with the pc onboard, the usb cable might get unplugged,
the pc can power down etc. causing a sudden engine stop.

Hopefully the logbox will be the final solution for street logging,
while the interface will be used in static situations only.






__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

jkwool as your success in working with the logo box?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

ordered a new interface!! can't wait to test it out.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

ballad2 wrote:
jkwool wrote:

i would like to get to the bottom of it, as it would be cool to leave them installed.



 




I would consider "safe behavior" if the interface has no effect whatsoever
on the engine functionality when in "engine data mode". The major problem
is that while riding with the pc onboard, the usb cable might get unplugged,
the pc can power down etc. causing a sudden engine stop.

Hopefully the logbox will be the final solution for street logging,
while the interface will be used in static situations only.





 you definately have to accept that this problem is serious for street and track riders while its fair to assume that there is only a handful of us street testing my laptop died while commited to a long tight sweeper with all the weight sent to the front, its my opinion that this is a major safety issue but as long as people are aware they can avoid laptop power failures while logging. you have to take the bad with the good just be aware.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Hiya Justin

Just got the box and wires today and it looks Great!!

 I am excited but will wait till the weekend to mess my GSXR up.

Thanks

Greg

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Ok cool good stuff, dont forget bike specific Installation Instructions and User Manual is here http://www.woolichracing.com/Documents.aspx ;)

Cheers
-Justin.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

hi jkwool

when you can buy a box logo?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

hamster wrote:

hi jkwool

when you can buy a box logo?


soon... best thing to do is register on our web site to be notified as soon as they become available http://woolichracing.com/Register.aspx 

I plan to enable pre order so people can secure their log box before they are released as the first production run is limited and i am expecting them to sell fast :)

I was testing with the prototype on my bike today :) works awesome, data logging with NO LAPTOP :) Data logging rate was every 52ms 100% connection no dropped data packets. very happy with result. I am just making changes to ecueditor software to allow opening log file straight off log box into Engine Data Viewer and Auto Tune..

Stay Tuned for more....



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

jkwool wrote:
hamster wrote:

hi jkwool

when you can buy a box logo?


soon... best thing to do is register on our web site to be notified as soon as they become available http://woolichracing.com/Register.aspx 

I plan to enable pre order so people can secure their log box before they are released as the first production run is limited and i am expecting them to sell fast :)

I was testing with the prototype on my bike today :) works awesome, data logging with NO LAPTOP :) Data logging rate was every 52ms 100% connection no dropped data packets. very happy with result. I am just making changes to ecueditor software to allow opening log file straight off log box into Engine Data Viewer and Auto Tune..

Stay Tuned for more....


 Excellent work!

 

I'm ready to log without a backpack!



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Any idea when you think the Bluetooth version of the Log Box might be available?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

The bluetooth interface is on hold at the moment, i am concentrating on developing the log box and the next version of ecueditor.com software.

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

i am wondering it will remove the immboizer (security)? and the discount still valid?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

If you register on our web site we offer special offers from time to time http://www.woolichracing.com/Register.aspx

For bike security reasons you can not remove the immobilizer using ecueditor.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

i will tell you the issue, here in middle east we have the immobilizer installed in our bikes. the issue that i have it installed in my sand rail and when we are sand duning the key got lose and it switch off( actually it taped on immobilizer in addition, the F1 switch give me a head. i have previously 2003 engine simple wiring but when i swapped to 2008 it was a good deal for me but the issues still pending and waiting to be solve.

i think to install a stand alone ECU but when i went through this forum. it made me to believe there is a cheap way.

If not i would like to know the US ver. ECU that comes without immobilizer so i can order that ECU and modify the harness.

your advice is appreciated.

ad74710

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Send me a message via the Contact Us page on my web site, i will be able to help you further with this http://woolichracing.com/ContactUs.aspx



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

I have a technical question, is it possible to upload image from ecu h00 to h30?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

Yes u can.

__________________

LIFE IS SHORT RIDE HARD



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Date:

Keep the ECU you got, flash it with standard EU (H00) map if you aint got definitions for 30.
Then disable immo and you can throw away the antenna and ignition lock. But contact Justin as he can help you.

A "disable immo" button in EcuEditor will make it way too easy for thieves.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 498
Date:

Hey Justin,

Question, Very interested in Your New Interface! Also want the Log Box too, am I understanding this correctly, that the Log Box will be able to Flash/Do everything the Interface will Do...... is this Correct?

Reason I Ask is because wouldn't it be more Cost effective for Me to wait on the Log Box to be Completed and Just Purchase that "Only" to do everything, vs Buying a Interface & Log Box?? Or Must one have to get Both the Interface & Log Box for All Features to Work?(little Confused on all this?)

Thanks Justin. smile



__________________
08 Busa AKA: }ToXSicK{


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

ToXSicK RoCKeT wrote:

Hey Justin,

Question, Very interested in Your New Interface! Also want the Log Box too, am I understanding this correctly, that the Log Box will be able to Flash/Do everything the Interface will Do...... is this Correct?

Reason I Ask is because wouldn't it be more Cost effective for Me to wait on the Log Box to be Completed and Just Purchase that "Only" to do everything, vs Buying a Interface & Log Box?? Or Must one have to get Both the Interface & Log Box for All Features to Work?(little Confused on all this?)

Thanks Justin. smile


 Yes you are right, the log box will be able to flash and engine data log to the laptop the same as the new interface, so the USB Interface is a good option for guys doing bench flashing or at a dyno where the log box functionality is not as important.

The Log Box is great for both on board logging and flashing etc and negates the need to have a separate USB Interface.

Cheers

-Justin.



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 498
Date:

jkwool wrote:
ToXSicK RoCKeT wrote:

Hey Justin,

Question, Very interested in Your New Interface! Also want the Log Box too, am I understanding this correctly, that the Log Box will be able to Flash/Do everything the Interface will Do...... is this Correct?

Reason I Ask is because wouldn't it be more Cost effective for Me to wait on the Log Box to be Completed and Just Purchase that "Only" to do everything, vs Buying a Interface & Log Box?? Or Must one have to get Both the Interface & Log Box for All Features to Work?(little Confused on all this?)

Thanks Justin. smile


 Yes you are right, the log box will be able to flash and engine data log to the laptop the same as the new interface, so the USB Interface is a good option for guys doing bench flashing or at a dyno where the log box functionality is not as important.

The Log Box is great for both on board logging and flashing etc and negates the need to have a separate USB Interface.

Cheers

-Justin.


 Very Nice J! Thank You. smile

I am Now in Real Bad Need of a Flashing interface(See Post in v3.0 Section for the Reason Why lol), Just Wondering if you have a ETA on when the Log Box might be Ready for Purchase? Thanks again Sir.

 



__________________
08 Busa AKA: }ToXSicK{


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

They should arrive to me this week, you can buy one now and i will ship it out to you when they arrive

http://woolichracing.com/LogBox.aspx



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 498
Date:

jkwool wrote:

They should arrive to me this week, you can buy one now and i will ship it out to you when they arrive

http://woolichracing.com/LogBox.aspx


 I Should be able to send the $$$ this Tuesday. wink Thanks Justin. smile

(If I already have the Cables, I onlt need the Box Correct? 325.00?)



__________________
08 Busa AKA: }ToXSicK{


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Yesh if you already have the harness choose the $325.00 option from the products page ;) 

http://www.woolichracing.com/Products.aspx



__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard