Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Feature Requests / Wish lists for future flashing development.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:
Feature Requests / Wish lists for future flashing development.


This is a post to keep all of the feature requests / "Wish Lists" for future versions of ecu flashing software.

Please keep requests practical.

Additionally, please provide as much information to support the feature as possible rather then jsut an "It would be neat".

If an extreme amount of tech is available (address locations, software theory, etc), provide a brief summary here and then start a new thread, with a link to that thread.

If any similar "real world" example is available, infotmation relating to how it is done elsewhere is also helpful.

Feel free to expand on others, but try to preserve the original intent of the request.

 

John



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Thursday 20th of December 2012 01:53:07 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

  1. Porting of most of the features available in the GEN2 Hayabusa to other platforms (This is currently the plan for future efforts, although some features will be limited due to research / identification of the values and address locations in the various platforms)
  2. Adjustable high and low limits for 2-step ignition cut (Clutch in rev limiter)
  3. Intake Air Temperature compensation maps (or at least the ability to lock at a set value)
  4. Engine Coolant Temperature compensation maps (or at least the ability to lock at a set value)
  5. Intake Ait Temperature sensor calibration maps (ability to program different sensors for use, similar to IAP sensor in GEN2 extended boost code)
  6. Engine Coolant Temperature sensor calibration maps (ability to program different sensors for use, similar to IAP sensor in GEN2 extended boost code)
  7. All functions with independent ability to turn on or off without dependancy on other selections (Boost fuel cut, dragtools options, etc)
  8. All functions with pull down menus give the ability to enter a value manually as well (perhaps as an advanced option)
  9. Preserve ability to manually edit .bin as with the hidden option in EE (perhaps as an advanced option)
  10. Preserve "A" / "B" map capability and allow map copying between maps to allow switch on the fly testing (GEN2 style ECU)
  11. Logging of injector duty cycle (individually for platforms with 2 sets of injectors)
  12. Alternate boost contol strategies
  13. Addition of anti-lag controls for turbo applications (Ability to add fuel and remove timing when the clutch is in.)
  14. Shift kill strategies, i.e independant ignition/fuel kill duration, ignition timing modification, timing ramping, delays/offset between ignition. fuel, timing, etc.
  15. Real-time tuning of fuel and ignition maps while connected to a PC (example: Use COV inputs to modify maps, store on PC, then flash once a "good" map is developed)
  16. Internal plotting and manipulation of logged data from a .wrl file in 2d format (variable vs. time)
  17. Map interpolation / smoothing features built into the individual tables


 



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Monday 12th of November 2012 04:52:23 PM



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:58:52 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

great idea John :)

__________________

site_logo_small.png

www.WoolichRacing.comTune your bike to the Limit with our Advanced ECU Flashing Products



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Request 1.

Looking to be able to adjust the high and low rpm gap when setting a 2 step. When I use rom raider I can Make my 2 step go between 10000-10050 by with Ecu editor I can't control the gap. So I'd like to be able to set each high and low rpm separately for the 2 step.

Request 2.

On the gen 2 Busa, you can lock the IAT temp. I would like that functionality carried over to 07-08 1000.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

I would REALLLY love a 2 step limiter on the 02-07 busa's for drag racing if possible as well as possibly the drag tools???

Also on the other GSXR's like the 600's and the new 1000's would be nice for fan control settings to be adjusted. Living in South Florida its nice to have the fans come on earlier.


One more thing.... I use a ACER netbook for all my tuning and EE does not let me scroll down in the fuel and timing charts. I ran into a problem with the WEGO datalogging software and tried to mess with my laptop DPI settings with not much luck. Would be nice if the EE program could adjust the size of the window to a smaller screen if possible?

Other than that one thing ALOT of suzuki guys would love for the GSXR's is if more models can diasble the Coil FI light. Most of all the suzukis 600/1000's throw FI lights if you have a piggyback quick shifter hooked up and a lot of racers hate seeing the FI lights. Anyway to disable that coil fi like how you can with a k7 1k?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

A useful feature could be a single command to duplicate A to B (all features, settings and maps) and another command  to copy  B to A.

This would allow a sort of backup/restore and immediate  comparision while riding between a new map (loaded in to A)

with the previous map (loaded into B).

This result can currently be achieved manually, but it is a long process and prone to errors.

 

 

 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

ballad2 wrote:

A useful feature could be a single command to duplicate A to B (all features, settings and maps) and another command  to copy  B to A.

This would allow a sort of backup/restore and immediate  comparision while riding between a new map (loaded in to A)

with the previous map (loaded into B).

This result can currently be achieved manually, but it is a long process and prone to errors.


 

 I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to as "A" and "B"??



-- Edited by sportbikeryder on Saturday 27th of October 2012 04:06:48 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 186
Date:

B -king has 2 map modes selectable by the tank switch: A and B.

Hayabusa has A, B, C.

The command should copy all maps (fuel, ignition, stp, injector balance) from one map mode to another map mode.

Example:

> Select source: B

> Select destination: C

> Confirm copy all maps from B to C (Y/N)?

 

 

 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

ballad2 wrote:

B -king has 2 map modes selectable by the tank switch: A and B.

Hayabusa has A, B, C.

The command should copy all maps (fuel, ignition, stp, injector balance) from one map mode to another map mode.

Example:

> Select source: B

> Select destination: C

> Confirm copy all maps from B to C (Y/N)?


 

I added it, although I am not sure that it will apply across platforms as each is a bit different in map selection.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

How about apply map button for the 1st gen busa's?


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

garth285 wrote:

How about apply map button for the 1st gen busa's?


 Is this referring to importing maps from other platforms? If so, I am not really sure that this feature, although active, actually works properly in the GEN2 code.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Yes, referring to the import map.

I actually went and tried something the other day since I have a Gen1 busa that a PC3 is acting up on.

Had to go threw some small hoops but I converted a PC3 map to a PCV map with the PCV software and then I opened a Gen1 fuel map in EE and copied the entire map.... than opened a Gen 2 map and pasted my Gen1 fuel map to the Gen 2 map... applied PCV map... copied and pasted back to a Gen 1 map lol....

I know this is probably not the best way of cutting a corner but I went threw the RPM's and checked out how much fuel it adjusted and it seemed like it adjusted it sort of accordingly.


Correct me if I'm wrong but the numbers on a fuel map in EE are injector pulse duration? When I adjust fuel in EE if I want to add say 5% fuel to one area I have to add 5% of that particular pulse duration so if the number is 160 in a cell I would have to add 5% of 160 which is 8 numbers so bring it up to 168. Does that make sense or am I WAY off base?

I have not tested to see what the fuel map will do on the busa I was messing with but will be shortly. But I'm sure someone could figure out a way to apply a PCV or PC3 map to a fuel table.... well hopefully lol.

P.S. Thanks for everything you guys do with all of this stuff!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

How about logging duty cycle of each injector bank ?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Maj750 wrote:

How about logging duty cycle of each injector bank ?


 Added to the list....I'm not sure that the ecu directly calculates this though, it may only "know" the injector pulsewidth. Certainly could be calculated form injector pulsewidth and RPM though. I'm not sure how the fault codes are generated when injector duty cycle is exceeded, wether it is from actual duty cycle or indirectly from exceeding a certain pulsewidth at various rpm.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Date:

Really think the duty cycle is a great idea, even if it is only the primary since anyone that is pushing the limits more than likely has them balanced.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

Small things..
-if we are using long path for file name then i cannt see it.


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

BUZKA wrote:

Small things..
-if we are using long path for file name then i cannt see it.


 BUZKA, is this with the WRT software as well? This is more of a bug than a request. Perhaps we should have a bug reporting area somewhere as well.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

sportbikeryder wrote:
BUZKA wrote:

Small things..
-if we are using long path for file name then i cannt see it.


 BUZKA, is this with the WRT software as well? This is more of a bug than a request. Perhaps we should have a bug reporting area somewhere as well.


 Yes this is for WRT.Sorry for the mess in this topic.Maybe should be somewhere sticky topic for small bugs



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

duty cycle would be fantastic!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

I think a ramp up rate for where the 100% value was.
PID loop for maintaining boost levels.
Ramp down rate for where the overboost 0% value.

__________________

Home Built 06 Gsx-r 750 w/ Disco Potato .60 A/r 6.5lbs Pump gas 100% stock motor 211.54 rwhp...... going for 275 on E85 with ECU editor

Oh make it 237rwhp and 97lbs on E-85 100% stock motor 8lbs of boost. Thanks WIN Racing



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

garth285 wrote:

I would REALLLY love a 2 step limiter on the 02-07 busa's for drag racing if possible as well as possibly the drag tools???

Also on the other GSXR's like the 600's and the new 1000's would be nice for fan control settings to be adjusted. Living in South Florida its nice to have the fans come on earlier.


One more thing.... I use a ACER netbook for all my tuning and EE does not let me scroll down in the fuel and timing charts. I ran into a problem with the WEGO datalogging software and tried to mess with my laptop DPI settings with not much luck. Would be nice if the EE program could adjust the size of the window to a smaller screen if possible?

Other than that one thing ALOT of suzuki guys would love for the GSXR's is if more models can diasble the Coil FI light. Most of all the suzukis 600/1000's throw FI lights if you have a piggyback quick shifter hooked up and a lot of racers hate seeing the FI lights. Anyway to disable that coil fi like how you can with a k7 1k?


 I have to turn my mini laptop and turn the screen to landscape in Windows. Then reopen the map.



__________________

Home Built 06 Gsx-r 750 w/ Disco Potato .60 A/r 6.5lbs Pump gas 100% stock motor 211.54 rwhp...... going for 275 on E85 with ECU editor

Oh make it 237rwhp and 97lbs on E-85 100% stock motor 8lbs of boost. Thanks WIN Racing



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

Turboy750 wrote:

I think a ramp up rate for where the 100% value was.
PID loop for maintaining boost levels.
Ramp down rate for where the overboost 0% value.


I have started a new post to discuss different boost control algorithms. This is something that can certainly use some attention, but it is not trivial to get a basic logic flow and determing what I/O to use.

 

http://ecuhacking.activeboard.com/t51456465/alternate-boost-control-strategies/

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Anything new goin on with this?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

garth285 wrote:

Anything new goin on with this?


 The 2 step limiter that you noted may be functional. If you have the ability to flash an ECU, I can send you a .bin or you can use Woolich Racing Tuned software and flash with a 2 step limiter on a GEN1by setting the neutral limiter under the limiters selection.

User
arhur39 has noted that the neutral limiter is functional in Woolich Racing Tuned for a GEN1. Certainly wouldn't hurt to have some more confirmation.

If you look at other platforms in WRT, you will see that the user interface is very similar across platforms. This is especially true when looking at a GEN2 ECU and say a 2007 GSXR 1000 as they are very similar ECU's (The neural limiter is active in the GSXR's as well). The intent of WRT will be to be usable on a wide variety of platforms with a very similar user interface.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

That makes perfect sense! Maybe I can find that line of code for the neutral limiter and add it to my bin im currently using.

Man I wish I could combine things from both ECU editor and Woolich racing.

I love how woolich can still keep individual gear timing maps which will be important to me for the big motor I'm building and keeping power to the ground with pulling a little timing in lower gears.

The things I like about the ECU editor is the quick shifter function, the shift light from the IAC, and the "big block" cranking which I have not tested with this new motor I'm building but I'm sure it would help on larger motors if it does what its supposed to do!

I know I can put together a map using some things here and there, would just be time consuming



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date:

garth285 wrote:

That makes perfect sense! Maybe I can find that line of code for the neutral limiter and add it to my bin im currently using.

Man I wish I could combine things from both ECU editor and Woolich racing.

I love how woolich can still keep individual gear timing maps which will be important to me for the big motor I'm building and keeping power to the ground with pulling a little timing in lower gears.

The things I like about the ECU editor is the quick shifter function, the shift light from the IAC, and the "big block" cranking which I have not tested with this new motor I'm building but I'm sure it would help on larger motors if it does what its supposed to do!

I know I can put together a map using some things here and there, would just be time consuming


 Open teh EE map in WRT and change the things you want, then flash.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

Is there a way to correct the need for the offset cam pin when using Gen1 cam shafts in a Gen2 engine/ecu ?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Hi guys,

I have been testing the traction control and quickshifter on a road racing bike but i am facing ignition retardation by the TC at the time of quickshifting.
If you enable the TC and quickshifter together and do not want to have troubles between shifts (hard and long ignition reatrd) you have to go at least as high as 60-65ms for quickshifter (you will still get the ignition cut now and then though especially of you are not back on the seat). TC timing reard should be not more than 1 and trigger RPMS more than 2500.

The problem for me is that this makes the TC not sensitive enough for the time when you really need it with high lean angles and hard on the gas off corners.

So my question is - could you implement a modification in the code where the TC is not active(switched off temporary/on standby, whatever is easier) for "X" amount of time in miliseconds after a signal for quickshifting is present?

This way you would not have ignition cut when QS is shifting and TC can be set sensitive enough for when you trully need it (when in gear and not quickshifting). Also on my bike for example i can go as low as 38-40 ms for safe and fast shifting in each gear.

Thanks in advance to you guys knowing programing if you could spare a minute and review if this can be done.



-- Edited by Dark_Ness on Tuesday 8th of July 2014 06:12:48 AM

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard